Friday, May 4, 2012

Combining integrated video card with a dedicated one?

Putting a dedicated video card on a motherboard that already has its own...I'm pretty sure it's possible (correct me right now if I'm wrong).



But what I want to know is can their abilities be combined. I'm looking at a motherboard that supports 3-way SLI, but it also has an integrated video card. If I put on 3 SLI GPUs, will it also run the on-board video as sort of a 4th video card, boosting performance even more beyond what the SLI setup is providing? Or will I have to choose which one I want?



Also, if they can't be combined, is choosing between them as easy as plugging my monitor into one or the other, or is there some software that needs to be manipulated to tell the motherboard I don't want to use the integrated chip?



Thank you|||hi mate

yes it is..however you need a motherboard that supports hybrid sli/crossfire and a supporting card that supports this feature

basically you need to check the motherboards specifications and look to see if it supports this feature.. then even if it does you also need to check your dedicated graphics card... for example the ati radeon HD3200 onboard graphics are hybrid enabled and a card such as the radeon HD3450 will combine with the HD3200 onboard vga to enable hybrid crossfire

for nvidia theres the geforce 8200M and the geforce 8400gs... these will combine to create hybrid sli...

these are just two examples however you can find more information on hybrid sli at http://www.nvnews.net/articles/hybrid_sl… ...and hybrid crossfire at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_Hybrid_…

a list of hybrid crossfire cards can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_Hybrid_…

i hope this helps,any problems let me know

good luck mate !

No comments:

Post a Comment