Sunday, May 6, 2012

What happens when I disable my integrated video card?

So I am going to install a video card into my PC desktop (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX into an eMachines ET1831-07 desktop PC). I have everything I need, but I heard, once your video card is installed, you plug your monitor back into your integrated card, disable it using Device Manager, then shut down your system. Once it is shut down, you plug your monitor into the video card, turn on the system, then install all of the card's latest drivers. Is that what you are supposed to do? What if the card did not work properly while my integrated card is disabled? Doesn't that mean I cannot see anything? Please answer, and thanks!|||try installing your video card with out disabling your on board video, most machines do it automatically and revert back to it when there is no other card installed. if you do have a problem you can always reset your bios.|||First thing to do, is uninstall the drivers and software for the integrated card, then using CCCleaner or DriverSweeper remove the cruff left over and then remove it via device manager. Power off the computer, install new video card, and power cables. Attach your monitor to the new cable and power on the PC, go into the BIOS and disable on-board video, save changes and exit. Boot into windows and install the latest drivers, which I think are 260.99 IIRC.

No comments:

Post a Comment