Friday, May 4, 2012

How can I allocate system memory to my integrated video card?

Okay, so I have an e-pc42 with one gigabyte of ram, 1.7ghz pentium 4 processor, and an integrated ati rage 128 pro 4xl, with a measly 16mb of memory. As I understand it, integrated video cards like this use system memory already, so is there a way to up the amount it has allocated for it? And even if it doesn't, is there still a way I can let it use some? I have two 512mb ram cards, so I am 24mb over a gig really. I would LOVE to give this (maybe even more) to my video card.|||A gig is 1024MB when you're talking RAM, so 2 512MB sticks would put you right at one gig (it SHOULD be 1024MB no matter what you're talking about, but hard drive manufacturers have taken to calling 1000MB a gig).



Now, to answer your question, this would be accomplished by adjusting your BIOS settings. How that's done will differ based on the manufacturer of your motherboard.|||1) you have 1GB of ram, not more. 1GB=1024MB



2) that machine has a built in 4X AGP graphics chips with 16MB of dedicated memory for it - it is not using system ram



3) no, you can't allocate more system ram to it on that board



http://www.ciao.co.uk/HP_e_PC_42__578262…

No comments:

Post a Comment