Friday, May 4, 2012

I just purchased a Dell 5150 with the integrated video card. Will it work with my 6800GT PCI-E card?

I read on a couple of sites that Dell's integrated video card will not work with any PCI-E cards. Any way around this?|||what you have to do is go into setup(delete at boot-up)and find intergrated pherihals"and look to disable onboard video,this is after you have installed your new card,as you know if you dont do this you will get a display conflict

dell can be funny machines to work with,but in my experience there are ways round this,just be careful you dont do anything to void your warranty

good luck|||Most dell stuff is proprietary like that. If it contains a PCI express card slot you should be able to disable the on-board video and use your PCI-E slot instead that is mainly what it was desgined for. However I don't doubt it when you say this.|||Most Dells do not have a bus for the PCI-E or even AGP cards. Open the box and find out. You can use a regular PCI card but don't expect the performance.|||as long as there is a PCI-E slot available it will work, you may have to go into the BIOS, F12 at the Dell logo when booting and select that the primary Video adapter will be via the PCI-E slot and possibly disable the onboard video all together. I have over 100 dells in my office and never had a problem installing video cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment