Friday, May 4, 2012

Dual Monitors on Win XP, one integrated Video Card, one PCIe card? How can I hook up two monitors to this.?

I have a Windows XP machine with an integrated graphics card and a separate graphics card (PCIe). I am trying to hok them both up to use dual monitors, but the system will not let me. How can I get this to work. The computer model is a Dell 4300. Thanks!|||Is the problem getting them to run dual monitors or is the problem getting both the integrated and PCI-e video to work simultaneously?



======================================…



The odds are, your on-board video uses the PCI-e bus, so once you put in a PCI-e graphics card, you can no longer use the on-board video. I've had the same problem with AGP cards and on-board way back when. A high speed PCI-e, such as 16x, bus should be able to handle both...you can try playing around with the BIOS settings...I don't think it will work though! The only recommendation I can give you, is either buy multi-head video cards, or use PCI cards as your secondary display(s). If your computer is capible of running it, then just right click in your desktop, click properties to bring you to the Display Properties. Click the "Settings" tab and you should see both monitors. Click the second one then click the check box labeled "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor"...you can change the resolutions to match and change the locations of the monitors. You can also choose a monitor and click "Advanced" for more features!|||No problem! If you need anything else, I'm more then happy to help!

Report Abuse


|||It depends on if the integrated graphics card can be part of a multimonitor set up. Some highend computer systems have this functionality however not all. I'm sorry to say but I seriously doubt that a Dell 4300 would be able to do this. Aside from that I would still recommend installing a dual head graphics card. I currently run a Nvidea Geforce 6800 XT card and really like it. I do need an upgrade however I've never had any issues with the card and it was extremely easy to install and set up. Be aware of the connection types whey you look at video cards. A lot of dual head cards have a DVI connection which means if you have VGA (15 pin blue connector) plugs you would need adaptors that aren't too expensive. If adaptors are needed do not purchase them from and office supply store such as Office Depot, you'll be robbed, I do a lot of ordering from http://www.tigerdirect.com . I hope this information helps you.|||I not sure what you asking. When you installed the PCIe it most likely disabled the on board video, you may be able to turn it back on, not sure where the best place to do this, BIOS or System Hardware.

You just use what is called a "Y Connector" it a video cable with a plug to the PCIe card and TWO plugs for Dual Monitors. I try to get you a link.

http://www.directron.com/pcm2250.html

I not saying buy here, just look so you know what it is. It look cheap $5.99, but, usually things like this are cheaper local at Best Buy, Wal-Wort, Radio Shack etc. Shipping is too much for Inet unless you buy this with more things a they combine the shipping.

Other on-line places to look are NewEgg, TigerDirect and ZipZoomFly (Free Shipping at the Fly).



http://www.newegg.com/

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp?P…

No comments:

Post a Comment