Friday, April 27, 2012

How can i add MB usage to my Integrated video card?

I'm on a laptop (Inspiron 1720) I'm using windows vista. I have a integrated video card and I was wondering how I could add the MB usage on this card for faster speed. I have 4 GB of RAM and figured i could use some of it for the video card..|||I assume it is an integrated X3100 Media Accelerator on that laptop.



1. Go to dell support and download all of the latest drivers for everything and install them and update the BIOS.

2. After you do this you will see an icon in your control panel called "Intel(R) GMA driver for mobile"

3. Double click it and select "3D Settings"

4. Look for "Driver Memory Footprint", and set it to high.

5. Reboot your computer and it will permanently allocate the maximum memory to the video card every time windows starts. (442MB I think you can check in the system information under components-display.

No comments:

Post a Comment