Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do I switch from a dedicated video card to my old integrated video card in my computer correctly?

I have a Win-fast GT 220 video card, Windows 7 Ultimate on an HP Pavilion media center edition. Nvdia drivers are installed.

Please list the steps thoroughly because I am afraid of damaging something software-wise.

I'm also afraid of my Dedicated video card overriding everything...making my integrated video card useless.

I haven't tried anything yet, but I have heard about ccleaner or something cleaner pro to erase all Nvdia drivers from the computer, but I'm not sure if it is necessary to do so.

I also plan to remove my dedicated graphics card. Thank you!|||If you remove your dedicated graphics card, then all you'll have to do is uninstall the driver afterwards. Once you reboot your computer, it will detect your internal card and install the drivers for it.



Just out of curiosity, why are you removing your dedicated card and going with the internal card? The internal graphic cards are usually less robust than a dedicated card.

No comments:

Post a Comment