Thursday, April 26, 2012

How can I switch from my video card to my integrated video card?

I have an old gateway desktop which has an integrated video card in it. About a year ago i bought a video card(a nvidia geforce fx 5500 ) and installed it and it worked fine. Now its not working so well... How can I switch from it to my integrated card? Can I to leave the video card in, or do I have to take it out?|||depends on the os. i had an old gateway 500se ftb deluxe that had an onboard trident blade. i hated that it always stole 8mb of my main system. and then i got a geforce 2 mx 100 and i like it a lot more. it disabled my integrated gpu.



i forgot (this was like 2001 or 2002) but i first had windows ME and then later got xp. i think it was xp that auto-disabled it, because in ME i still noticed it showing up. in both cases however, the integrated graphics still took system memory, and there wasn't any way to disable it in the bios so i was thankful.



to go back to your integrated graphics you're probably going to have to take out your fx 5500, unless you see an option in your bios to Set Primary Video or similar. get to your bios (watch the boot up screen for the key to press to go to Setup) and see what you can find.|||Taking the card out is the easiest thing to do. I'm not sure but their could also be a setting in the BIOS to enable/disable the integrated video card. You can get the the BIOS by tapping F2 or Delete as your computer turns on.|||you'll probably have to take it out. You could try to go to Control Panel -> Device manager and find the video card and disable it, but it might just try to reinstall itself unless you physically remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment