Thursday, April 26, 2012

Integrated video card+AGP Video card works together?

My video card is integrated and I ran "dxdiag" and this comes up:



Name: intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphic Controller

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip Type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphic Controller

DAC Type: Internal

Approx. Total Memory: 64.0 MB



Some people told me it doesn't have any video memory and instead it uses shared RAM but it displays 64mb when I run the "dxdiag"?! In my BIOS's appertue I can set the shared ram to whatever up to 256mb but what's with the 64mb thats shown in the "dxdiag"?



I want to install an agp video card from my other old desktop which is a Gainward GF2 MX-400 64MB

so will this make any difference? as in:



1) will it work together with the integrated 64mb video card? or only one of them will work depending on where I plug my monitor at?



2) Is it more convenient to install in AGP slot or PCI slot?(says it works either)



BTW I have a powerfull laptop already, just using this to play most free FPS games out there like Combat Arms...|||82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphic Controller

Maximum Memory Allocated for Graphics is 64MB



Gainward GF2 MX-400 doesn't work together with Integrated Graphics. You need to set the Primary Display in BIOS to AGP or PCI.



AGP and PCI are different interfaces. An AGP card fits an AGP slot not PCI. Gainward GF2 MX-400 64MB is likely available with either AGP or PCI interfaces.



Will AGP video card have any impact to gaming? It is an improvement over the 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphic Controller. GeForce 2 MX-400 is a DirectX 7 model that is about 10 years old. It is obsolete by today's standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment