Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do I disable the motherboard video card on my old PC (without the BIOS video option)?

My new graphics card won't run from its PCI slot until I can somehow disable the integrated video card. However, I have no option in my BIOS screen for a video device. There's no toggle for video adapter in my BIOS. And there's no option for disabling onboard video in BIOS. Any ideas?|||What model motherboard do you have?



Edit: Hmm, well when there isn't an option in the BIOS that usually means you have to change a jumper setting on the motherboard. Try downloading and running this program: http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L… It's a system information tool and should tell you the model of the motherboard. Once I know that I can do some searching to find out the jumper settings.|||Hi,im using Mercury PVM7 mainboard and i have an option for AGP, i bought GF FX 5200. when i try to boot the connected the monitor cable to the VGA socket in the video card it dosn give me the display untill unless i connect the monitor cable back to the onboard video. i checked in BIOS there is nog

Report Abuse


|||Just disable it through device manager in system properties.|||Try opening the PC case and look for a jumper switch on the motherboard to disable integrated video manually.|||usually you have to install the bundled software or drivers to get the new video card to work before you plug it in but then again also sometimes its best to read and follow the instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment