Thursday, April 26, 2012

Does adding more ram on my macbook make my video card have higher MB?

I have a macbook with 2.4GHz, 2Gb memory and x3100 integrated video card. I'm just wondering if changing my ram to 4GB will make my graphic better because it shared memory?|||Yes, the X3100 supports upto 448 MB of memory, but only when there is MORE than 2GB of system RAM. It will boost it from 384 to 448.

This is on a PC. Macbooks don't have BIOS to confirm this, only EFI.



Don't expect drastic changes. THe X3100 is crap.|||Look at the box or the documentation that came with your MacBook. It should say what the maximum amount of RAM the computer will use for VRAM. Upgrading your RAM will not make graphics chipset better at all. You may see an increase in performance, that is about all. The Intel x3100 graphics chipset isn't designed for performance. It is a mobile chipset that is all part of the system architecture. It sucks just like all other Intel graphics chipsets.|||It will give you more available video memory, but the X3100 will still perform very poorly in games.|||It will help considerably.

No comments:

Post a Comment