Friday, April 6, 2012

Intel HD integrated video card?

I have a relatively new laptop with very powerful parts. I used canyourunit.com and I am always way into the recommended settings except for my graphics card. I have a green light on everything but it says my card isn't even at minimum specs.



So my question is, is it because it's intel's integrated graphics and that it isnt supported by a lot of game companies yet? Or am I just screwed regardless. I ran a test for Final Fantasy XIV, which I'm thinking about getting and here are the results:



Video RAM: Required-512MB, You Have-1.7GB

Hardware T&L: Required-Yes, You Have-Yes

Pixel Shader Version: Required-3.0, You have 4.0

Vertex Shader Version: Required-3.0, You Have 4.0

(Everything else is in the green)



So it tells me I am more that qualified to run it, yet I am not. Is it because the Intel cards aren't supported by these companies and it's just saying what the company is saying or what? I'd really like to know because it's getting extremely frustrating.|||Its not wether are not the game supports the video card. they all use the same stuff direct x opengl direct draw. Your getting low scores because integrated videos cards in laptops are not very good at games. Its not because they are trying to be cheap (though in same cases this may be) but there is limited space in a laptop and limited power. So you could put a really good and fast video card in a laptop but you would only get 10 mins use at of it before the battery is dead and it over heated. The laptop you have will run FFXIV but you might have to turn all the graphic details way down. All games let you adjust the video setting for this reason. if you always had to get a new video card every time a new game came out you would never be able to afford it.|||It's because Intel integrated cards are weak and have trouble running much of anything. And STOP relying on canyourunit.com. Check the minimum/recommended system requirements for the game and see if they have a video card compatibility list. Odds are that you can run these games, just not very well.



And you're not missing anything if you don't run FFXIV. It's beyond horrible.|||It should be supported i would suggest going out and buying a game (Not on steam) and trying it, if it doesnt work then take it back thats what i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment