Thursday, April 26, 2012

I have a desktop with a 82845 GL Intel integrated video card 64MB w/ no AGP slot. Should I upgrade via PCI?

I'm concerned that upgrading via a PCI card will not be any better. Any advice would be appreciated.|||Most onboard video for PC desktop motherboards are far short of performance for even a PCI-only card. For the Intel 845 chipset, having a dedicated PCI video card can definitely improve your performance, especially for 3D games.|||I had one of these desktop motherbords, in my opinion it isn't worth the upgrade to a PCI video card with onboard 64MB.



If you have other PCI addons such as USB, Ethernet, Modem you are going to see some problems. The bus speeds are MUCH slower on PCI then onboard.



Save your money and pick up a PCI x16 motherboard. It will be worth your time, and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment