Thursday, April 26, 2012

If I have an integrated video card can I still upgrade if I have PCI slots?

I'm new to upgrading computers and I'm unsure if I can even upgrade my video card, because I do have an on board video but several people have said I could delete the drivers and install a new video card in the PCI slot.|||yes but you will have to disable the integrated video card in BIOS so the motherboard knows

you maybe able to use both video cards but it depends on BIOS settings|||PCI? The fastest GPU you could probably get is one of these:



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…



Although, if you have PCI-Express, then you can get up to a Radeon HD 5970 as long as your power supply can handle it.|||Yes, however using AGP or PCI express x16 slots and their respective cards would be much preferable.|||You disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS then install the pci video card.

No comments:

Post a Comment